This is my sad attempt at shooting indoor sports! This is why I *NEED NEED NEED* a 70-200 f2.8 and if someone can tell me about the Tamron version for half the price of the Canon lens, I'd love any info! =)
Im not the best to give advice about lens... But, since I own an L series lens, I can say, I would probally go with the tameron first... I wasnt too impressed with my L series, to be honest with you... Good luck!
I have the 24-70 canon and I love it...I don't know anything about the lens you are talking about though! Great try at sports...I haven't try any gym shots yet! Cari
I don't know anything about the Tamron, but I've started using my 24-70 2.8 and have noticed an improvement. The other thing that has helped is setting a custom white balance and upping the ISO and running Noiseware if needed. My gym photos are still nowhere near good, but better than they were.
i don't know what lens you're using but this doesn't look too bad. i have the 70-200L and absolutely LOVE it. i tried the sigma but because of no IS the shots weren't the sharpest.
This isn't that bad! I actually like the bit of blur on the referee, it shows the movement. I've heard great things about the 85mm 1.8 for indoor sports, maybe that would work for you? I would love to have the 70-200 2.8L too, but it's not in my budget! Sigh.
shooting sports is so difficult to begin with but i think you did an awesome job with this one.
i can't offer you any advice on the lens. i just ordered the canon 70-200 2.8 IS and i'm hoping it'll be in tomorrow so i can play! i'll let you know what i think when i get it!
Yes, it's hard to get good action shots in gym lighting. Sorry, no advice on the lens. Do you have any place you can rent them both so you can use them and compare?
I grew up in the Denver area. I went to college and graduate school in California and then moved back to Denver to be near my family. I have been married to the most wonderful husband since 9/25/05 and am the proud mommy of a son, born 1/17/07 and a daughter, born 8/27/09.
22 comments:
Im not the best to give advice about lens... But, since I own an L series lens, I can say, I would probally go with the tameron first... I wasnt too impressed with my L series, to be honest with you... Good luck!
I have the 24-70 canon and I love it...I don't know anything about the lens you are talking about though! Great try at sports...I haven't try any gym shots yet!
Cari
Good luck finding a better lens for sports!
Wow...gym stuff is so hard. I have no info about the lens but wanted to applaud your efforts. All those florescnets make it tough too.
Well, I know that at nikonians.org you can go to the forum on lenses and search for info on the Tamron. I don't know if it has Canon lenses though.
Hmm...I have no advice. Maybe just enjoy the game? ;)
I don't know anything about the Tamron, but I've started using my 24-70 2.8 and have noticed an improvement. The other thing that has helped is setting a custom white balance and upping the ISO and running Noiseware if needed. My gym photos are still nowhere near good, but better than they were.
i don't know what lens you're using but this doesn't look too bad. i have the 70-200L and absolutely LOVE it. i tried the sigma but because of no IS the shots weren't the sharpest.
I want the 70-200, also. I love my 24-70L. It's hard getting good shots in a gym!
My pics were indoor sports also but not the greatest either.
Not a bad shot. You actually got a pretty great shot considering!
Gym shots are difficult aren't they alot of mine look like this.
This isn't that bad! I actually like the bit of blur on the referee, it shows the movement. I've heard great things about the 85mm 1.8 for indoor sports, maybe that would work for you? I would love to have the 70-200 2.8L too, but it's not in my budget! Sigh.
Can't help you out on the lens, sorry. I haven't practiced sports shots yet.
Can't help with the lens, but wanted to say the pictures look pretty good. At least you have them --- that is the important thing.
shooting sports is so difficult to begin with but i think you did an awesome job with this one.
i can't offer you any advice on the lens. i just ordered the canon 70-200 2.8 IS and i'm hoping it'll be in tomorrow so i can play! i'll let you know what i think when i get it!
I've never shot indoor sports, but I've heard good things about the 85 1.8 as well as the 70-200. Good luck! :)
I hate gym lighting!!!
I don't have either lens but I know you definitely want IS and low aperture. I'd love to hear the verdict on this though!
Oh gym shots stink. You definatly need a fast lens. I have that problem at school concert too. By the way they are a in the gym!
I can't offer any advice on the lens - but I really struggle with action indoors. Actually, I struggle with action outdoors too - just not as much.
I hope you get some response about the lens.
laulley
Indoor sports are TOUGH! That lens is on my "keep on dreaming" list. ;)
Yes, it's hard to get good action shots in gym lighting. Sorry, no advice on the lens. Do you have any place you can rent them both so you can use them and compare?
Post a Comment